Meet our late Matriarch, Mother Mae Pearl Griffin Ward Pigues, affectionately known as Mother Matriarch. She transitioned from this life on Sunday, July, 18, 2021. She was born in Memphis, TN to Gavon and Alice Griffin. She was the widow of the late Pastor Sylvester Pigue who served as the pastor of the New Independent Baptist Church (now God Ministries Christian Church), which served as the Mother Church for Divine Ministries International Fellowship until 2020. She was the mother of Vickie Pigues; Carl, Alice, Michael and Maurice Ward; Joyce Barr and Jacqueline Prewitt. She has one brother, Thomas Jeff Griffin.
Mother Matriarch Pigues was a woman of virtue, prestige, honor and love. Her lifelong spirit of love and encouragement has helped to push the vision of D-MIF further into purpose. Because of her character and dedication, the citizens of D-MIF are able to press forward with her spirit with us.
* Incorporation of Memphis & Vicinity - Baptist Minister’s Wives Guild Award,
* Mid-South Fair (1998) - Mrs. Senior America,
* Goodwill Home (Head Start) - Certificate of Appreciation for Dedicated Services,
* The Memphis City Council – Certificate of Recognition,
* 3rd Generation Griffin-Martin Family Reunion – Oldest Living Family Member.
* Certificate of Episcopal Appointment as official Matriarch to D-MIF.
* D-MIF School of Ministry Honorary Doctorate Degree in Leadership,
* D-MIF Founding Mother Recognition and Annual Yearly Distinction Awards.
She will always be in our hearts.